Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Since I was re-reading Twilight I figured I might as well re-read the entire series. This time around I think I appreciated this second novel more, though it's still my favorite of the series (Twilight is definitely better than any of it's sequels). But just like with my re-read of Twilight I could see places where there were definite faults in the narrative, and the writing style was a little over-the-top (does Jacob really need to take his shirt off to staunch Bella's head wound? Really?)

I can definitely understand where people find fault with the series, but once again I had trouble putting this novel down. There's just something addictive about these books. And maybe it's just because I like Taylor Lautner's portrayal of Jacob, but I actually find myself sympathizing with Jacob more this time around than in the past.

I guess I'm just going to have to admit that even when I read them trying not to like them, I still love them for some reason I just can't describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment