Saturday, December 26, 2009

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

Like the other two, it didn't take me long to read through this book for the third time, and like the other two I had trouble not liking it. I really tried, but I just couldn't help being drawn in by the story. It was hard to put the book down.

Again, I could see where some people find faul with this book, like how controlling Edward is when it comes to Bella wanting to spend time with Jacob, but I have trouble seeing it that way. Yes he was controlling, but he thought he was doing the right thing by Bella ... I don't know. I just can't not like these books even when I'm trying.

I'm starting my re-read of Breaking Dawn, and so far I'm feeling mostly the same way, although I do think in many ways Meyers could have ended the saga with Eclipse. Sure, there would have been some unanswered questions, like does Bella ever actually become a vampire, but I think in some ways Eclipse may have made a better ending than Breaking Dawn. We'll see when I get done reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment